Wednesday at the hospital saw Vikki eating all of her meals, taking short walks, and a reduction in the volume of supplemental oxygen. Over the course of the week, she has been cut down from 4 to 2 to 1 liter per minute.
The area of primary concern now is a fungal infection. This is the source of her discomfort and must take pain medication for relief. They are treating her with anti-fungal drugs intravenously. The fungal infection is contagious so the nurses, and I, must take some extra precautions while in the room. I was hoping she would be able to accept a visitor or two at this time but that is not wise right now. Vikki has been able to make an occasional phone call. Turn up your volume and listen carefully since her voice is not very strong. However, she is making only a few select phone calls so do not be upset if you don't get one.
Please continue to pray; specifically for the elimination of this fungal infection and the elimination of pain. I am grateful for the progress that has been made; eating & walking, but know that she still has challenges ahead. I cannot adequately express to you joy on her face when I tell her that one of you has been praying for her.
Please let me know that you are praying via a comment on this site. I ask for your intercession for me as well. I consider it an honor to care for my wife. I simply wish I could do more!
Sola Deo Gloria,
Gregg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Still praying for both of you and the doctors and nurses caring for Vikki. Gregg you need to take care of yourself so that you can take care of Vikki. Love you both.
Gregg -
Praying for you both, as you know. Thanks for the updates. You have been a wonderful husband and helpmeet through this tough time; we appreciate everything you are doing for our Vikki. Stay strong. Love to you both.
Oops - Annonymous is from Kristi! Sorry about that!
Please know that I keep you both - and your kitties - in my prayers. The doctors and nurse, too.
Love,
Julia
Candy and I are praying for you. So sorry that you are having such a hard time.
Larry, Abby, and I are keeping up with things, so do not worry about the office.
Post a Comment