I had an opportunity to post some information this evening before I went to bed so I thought I would.
Vikki looked great when I arrived at the hospital this morning. With some help from one of the techs she was able to get spruced up a little bit. She is now in what I call semi-quarantine. It's actually called limited contact. Because the fungal infection is very contagious, she is restricted to her room. No more walks. Attached to the outside of her door is a storage unit with gloves, gowns, masks, stethoscope covers, etc. The nurses get gloved and gowned BEFORE they enter the room. Me, I just wash my hands a lot! Well, I do put on the gloves sometimes.
Tomorrow I will ask the nurse if we can dress Vikki up in a astronaut suit; can take her for a walk?
The food service people used to bring her food into her room. Not any more, I have to fetch it or a nurse brings it in.
She still has a good bit of swelling in her feet. She doesn't have ankles any more and she can't put on her slippers. She just wears hospital slipper socks. She has begun taking her pain medication orally and at longer intervals. Still on 1 liter of oxygen per minute.
Today was a pretty good day. Let's hope and pray for a succession of pretty good days and she can come home. I think her kitty cats miss her.
BTW...Some have asked about Bella, the cat on the blog page. She is a 6 year old Calico-Tabby Domestic Short Hair. Like most of the cats in our life, she was an an adult cat that needed a new home. The blog creator, my sister J..., only had a picture of Bella. The other four quadrupeds will make it to the blog later.
Thanks for checking out the blog and remembering Vikki in your prayers. We love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
A fungal infection? No wounder Vikki has been so sick. Tell Vikki that we love her and will pray for her to get over this nasty fungal infection. We are praying for your strengh Gregg, please be careful and stay well. We love you too. Tell Vikki hi from our kitties.
Love
Ginger
Thanks for the update. It is good for us to know how she is doing and your time for posting it.
I have to ask, where would she have gotten a fungal infection?
Glad she could pretty up a bit. That will make her feel better. Those hospital beds are not so comfortable after a while.
Still praying.
Hi Gregg - Good to talk with you today. Glad you were able to get some rest - you need your strength too. I'm praying that the Lord will continue to give you the strength to be caregiver right now and healing for Vikki. Love to Vikki and your fur too. Love, Sue
Post a Comment